July 28, 2023 | Boston & New York
Swissnex in Boston, in collaboration with Venturelab and its partners, is hosting ten leading Swiss medtech startups from September 25 to 29, 2023. The Venture Leaders Medtech 2023, members of VentureLab’s “Swiss National Startup Team,” will travel to Boston for a weeklong roadshow during which they will exchange with key investors, business leaders, and experts in the region’s biotechnology sector.
On September 27, the startups will be joined by several US medtech startups for an international pitch competition aboard the yacht Northern Lights. The Pitch Cruise, held biannually during Venturelab’s medtech and biotech roadshows, brings together an exceptional audience of entrepreneurs, VCs, and industry executives to network and hear pitches from the startups.
Throughout the week, the Venture Leaders will explore the world’s leading life sciences hub, visiting medtech companies in Cambridge’s Kendall Square neighborhood, participating in feedback sessions with investors and VCs, and learning about the specifics of the US business environment from entrepreneurs with extensive experience in the Boston ecosystem.
The Venture Leaders Medtech 2023 are:
- Artiria Medical | Revolutionizing the treatment of strokes with an innovative FDA-approved wire with a micro-articulated seeking head that improves navigation through cerebral vessels.
- biped.ai (Fusion Lab Technologies) | Developing the world’s first AI copilot for blind and visually impaired people.
- HeroSupport | Improving cancer treatments with personalized breast immobilization (shells) for radiotherapy.
- KOVE medical | Dramatically reducing the risk of preterm birth by preventing fetal membrane rupture following fetoscopies.
- mimiX Biotherapeutics | Revolutionizing the bioprinting skin product industry with the unique biofabrication technique Sound Induced Morphogenesis (SIM).
- NeoPrediX | Anticipating and mitigating the risk of jaundice in newborns using scientifically validated forecasts.
- PeriVision | Helping eye doctors save vision with AI, VR and the cloud.
- PIPRA | Reducing the risk of postoperative delirium through an AI-based pre-operative tool.
- Regenosca | Making soft tissue repair less invasive with body-friendly implants.
- Testmate Health | Making STI testing inclusive & accessible with disposable home test kits, no lab needed.
Three of the Venture Leaders Medtech are also taking part in the Innosuisse Internationalization Camps organized by Swissnex in Boston. mimiX Biotherapeutics and Regenosca are participating in the Market Validation Camp, while Perivision is participating in the Market Entry Camp.
Part of Swissnex’s broader portfolio of startup services, Venture Leaders Medtech 2023 is organized by Venturelab in partnership with Swissnex in Boston and supported by EPFL Lausanne, ETH Zurich, Hansjörg Wyss, Kellerhals Carrard, and Canton of Vaud. The Medtech Pitch Cruise 2023 event is organized by Swissnex in Boston and Venturelab, with the support of Presence Switzerland.