May 4, 2023 | Boston & New York
Swissnex in Boston, in collaboration with Venturelab and its partners, is hosting ten leading Swiss biotech startups from June 12 to 16, 2023. The Venture Leaders Biotech 2023, members of VentureLab’s “Swiss National Startup Team,” will travel to Boston for a weeklong roadshow during which they will exchange with key investors, business leaders, and experts in the region’s biotechnology sector.
The week’s marquee event, the Biotech Pitch Cruise 2023, is an invitation-only sunset cruise around the Boston Harbor on Tuesday, June 13. Aboard the yacht Northern Lights, the startups will pitch their technologies alongside American counterparts from the Boston area. The pitch cruise, held biannually during VentureLab’s Medtech and Biotech roadshows in Boston, brings together an exceptional audience of entrepreneurs, VCs, and industry executives to network and hear pitches from the startups.
Throughout the week, the Venture Leaders will explore the global life sciences hub of Boston during site visits and meetings with industry experts, learning about the specifics of the US business environment and making connections that can facilitate market entry.
Members of recent Venture Leaders Biotech cohorts have achieved success in Boston. In April, Alentis, a participant in the fall 2022 roadshow, closed a $105 million Series C funding round with participation by RA Capital Management, a Boston-based multi-stage investment manager focused on healthcare and life sciences. In January, Bionomous, also a participant in the fall 2022 roadshow, closed a $2.7 million Series A funding round with participation by Cybernetix Ventures, a Boston-based venture capital firm focused on robotics, and is planning to open a US subsidiary in 2024.
The Venture Leaders Biotech 2023 include the following 10 startups:
- Affivant Sciences develops novel innate immune engagers for cancer.
- Invasight designs targeted therapies for invasive cancers.
- IsoSpec Analytics develops next-level molecular intelligence to accelerate pharmaceutical and biotech product development.
- Limula provids a unique automation technology for scalable production of cell therapies.
- metaLead Therapeutics develops next-generation medications against lead poisoning.
- Mosanna Therapeutics improves the lives of patients with metabolic obstructive sleep apnea.
- Navignostics provides precision cancer treatment using spatial single-cell proteomics.
- ND Biosciences innovates next-generation therapeutics and diagnostic for neurodegeneration.
- SURI BioTech develops science-based probiotics for infant health.
- Tandem Therapeutics unlocks the matrix barrier in fibrotic diseases.
Venture Leaders Biotech 2023 is organized by Venturelab in partnership with Swissnex in Boston, and supported by Debiopharm, Novartis, EY, VISCHER, EPFL, ETH Zurich, Hansjörg Wyss, and the Swiss Biotech Association. The Biotech Pitch Cruise 2023 event is organized by Swissnex in Boston and Venturelab, with the support of B-FLEXION and Presence Switzerland.