Are you looking to develop a global supply chain strategy? Are you seeking effective solutions to advance your hardware manufacturing? Do you want to learn about the opportunities and challenges of sourcing, prototyping and manufacturing in China? If so, it’s time to join Hardware Horizons, an initiative by Swissnex in China to strengthen Swiss startups’ strategic decisions on hardware sourcing, manufacturing, and supply chain management.
From June 17 to June 20, 2024, you will have the chance to immerse yourself in China’s economic hub, Shanghai, and its hardware innovation capital, Shenzhen. Experience a comprehensive journey that includes strategic workshops, expert guidance by industry leaders, visits to manufacturing facilities, and curated matchmaking sessions. Deepen your understanding of the Chinese manufacturing landscape, foster connections with reliable suppliers and potential partners and equip yourself with the decision-making prowess required to scale your productions efficiently and sustainably in China.
Unlock the full potential of your hardware venture and push the boundaries of hardware innovation!
China represents nearly 30% of global manufacturing output. It has not only consolidated its position in hardware innovation, but also reshaped the landscape of global supply chains. The southern metropolis Shenzhen, for example, offers a uniquely integrated manufacturing ecosystem with a skilled workforce, and streamlined supply chains that get products to market at a very fast rate. This presents Swiss startups with new opportunities for streamlined production, efficient sourcing, quick customer feedback and cost reduction.
In recent years, green manufacturing has become a focus in this sector, responding to global demands for more sustainable practices. Driven by national decarbonization objectives, green supply chains are being established, from product design to recycling. To achieve this, China is seeking the development of innovative and intelligent manufacturing technologies – from the internet of things to 3D printing – to transform companies’ operations and business models in a responsible way.
What can you expect?
- Comprehensive pre-departure support with online modules and resources
- Interactive and immersive learning experience through seminars, workshops, site visits and one-on-one exchanges
- Tailor-made matchmaking sessions with potential partners
- Expert guidance to develop or upgrade sourcing and manufacturing plans
- Dedicated team providing constant support and logistical assistance throughout the program
- Post-program mentorship opportunities and online community for ongoing guidance
Day 1 - Shanghai
- 9:00am – Kickoff and deep-dive discussion: Rise of the Hardware Giants - From Shenzhen to the World
- 2:00pm – Success Stories & Masterminds: Learn from practical examples and actionable strategies from fellow Swiss startup pioneers
- 7:00pm – Join local startup community event
Day 2 - Shanghai
- 9:00am – Factory exploration: Discover smaller, specialized manufacturers catering to specific product types
- 2:00pm – Workshop: Dive into rapid prototyping techniques and efficient supplier collaboration
- 7:00pm – Transfer to Shenzhen
Day 3 - Shenzhen
- 9:00am – Seminar presentations by technical experts and startups
- 2:00pm – Field trips to Huaqiangbei electronic market; Factory visit: PCBs, injection molding, 3d printing, laser machines, knitting
- 7:00pm – Join local startup community event
Day 4 - Shenzhen
- 9:00am – Workshop: Technical discussions with engineers to ensure the solution aligns with technical requirements
- 2:00pm – Workshop: Co-create and transform your design into actionable finished products
- 7:00pm – Closing Session: Reflection and Connection
Event start time
Who can apply?
This program is recommended for pre-A series tech startups in the hardware sector, including but not limited to IoT, AI powered solutions, Medtech, Automation and Robotics.
To ensure the program is tailored to your needs, please sign up with us before March 30, 2024
Cost for startups: 1800 CHF
- Logistics, transportation and accommodation in China
- All services mentioned above
- Startups are expected to pay a non-refundable deposit of 200 CHF to secure the spot
(optional but highly recommended):
- Innosuisse China Camp:
- Extended support by Swissnex and a stipend of CHF 3.000 (Market Validation) or CHF 6.000 (Market Entry)
- Separate and independent application process and admission by Innosuisse
- S-GE International Trade Fairs Program:
- Financial contribution to fair-related expenses (if you also intend to be part of an exhibition before or after the cohort, let us know; travel and accommodation cost are excluded)
- Fair calendar around the time of Hardware Horizon
- Separate and independent application process and admission by Innosuisse (in partnership with Switzerland Global Enterprise)
- Submission deadline for Innosuisse: March 28, 2024.
- S-GE contact person: Ramona Lieser ([email protected])
- Maker Camp Shenzhen:
- Powered by Seeed Studio (additional costs apply if you continue to work with Seeed or order from them)
- Co-create meaningful and open-source hardware projects in Shenzhen
- Explore tech ecosystem frontiers and work with potential suppliers
Startup Manager, Swissnex in China
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to our Startup Manager, Felicia Wang!