June 5, 2023 | Boston & New York
This week, Swissnex is delighted to welcome to Boston the official delegation making up the Swiss Pavilion at the BIO International Convention, which takes place in the city from June 5 to 8. A record number of 49 exhibitors, including more than 25 biotech startups, represent Switzerland at the world’s largest gathering of the biotechnology industry this year.
The Swiss participants join more than 15,000 biotechnology and pharma leaders who come together for one week of intensive networking, exposing them to the global life science sector and offering them a unique opportunity to discuss potential collaborations. The startups of the Swiss delegation represent a wide range of biotech innovations, from cancer treatments and gene therapies to AI and drug discovery.
The Swiss startups at BIO 2023 include:
- Acthera Therapeutics | Targeted drug delivery for acute cardiovascular events.
- Affivant | Developing novel approaches to activate and enable the innate immune system to fight cancer.
- Ariadne.ai | The fastest way to analyze thousands of biomedical images.
- ASTRA Therapeutics | Precision drug engineering across the whole range of parasitic diseases.
- Aurealis Therapeutics | Multi-target cell and gene therapy platform. First candidates for chronic wounds and cancers.
- Ceidos | On-line, automated and real-time cell analysis.
- Cellestia | first-in-class cancer gene therapies.
- Cellvie | therapeutic mitochondria transplantation.
- Endothelix Therapeutics | Solutions for Antiphospholipid Syndrome, including diagnostic tests and therapies.
- EvlaBio | Development of drug programs, including antibody programs for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma and chronic kidney disease.
- FluoSphera | Multi-tissue test systems using the precision of fluorescent light to mimic communications between human organs.
- GaDia | Rapid in vitro diagnostic (IVD) test to detect nosocomial disease.
- Incephalo | Next-generation therapies for brain cancers.
- ImmunSkills | Allogenic cell therapy for solid cancers.
- MPC Therapeutics | Cellular rejuvenation to fight cancer and degenerative pathologies.
- Navignostics | Provides precision cancer treatment using spatial single-cell proteomics.
- Novochizol | Nanospheres which can be used alone for their anti-inflammatory and immune-stimulating properties or as bioadherent carriers.
- Orio Therapeutics | Therapeutic proteins with improved delivery through controlled localization for enhanced efficacy and reduced dosage.
- PreComb Therapeutics | Evidence-based therapy prediction for cancer drug discovery and therapy guidance using 3D tumor modeling and its 3DTwin technology.
- PDC Therapeutics | Smart nanomedicines for targeted therapies via a Polymer Drug Conjugate technology.
- Reconnect Labs | Developing innovative, rapid-acting, and sustainable therapies for affective disorders, neurodegenerative disorders, and chronic pain.
- REM Analytics | Unique method of DNA analysis to assess microbiome composition, food authenticity, and food safety.
- Risklick | AI-driven clinical trial design.
- Sefunda | Rapid PCR test platform to be used at the point of care.
- Synendos | New class of small molecules for treating a wide range of Central Nervous System (CNS) disorders.
- ten23 health | Global contract development and manufacturing organization.
- Vandria | Mitophagy inducers to treat age-related and chronic diseases.
Three of them – Acthera Therapeutics, Reconnect Labs, and Risklick – are also part of the Innosuisse Internationalization Camps run by Swissnex in Boston and New York.
The official Swiss presence at BIO 2023 is organized by Switzerland Global Enterprise with the Swiss Biotech Association and swisstech campaign partners Presence Switzerland, Innosuisse, Swissnex, digitalswitzerland, and the Swiss Business Hub USA.