Hurrah to the Swiss-Brazilian collaboration!
With the objective to strengthen the activity of the business and research community of both countries, this call seeks to fund joint science-based innovation projects between Brazil and Switzerland.
It is directed at companies of any size and research institutions in Switzerland and Brazil looking to carry out a joint science-based innovation project. Participants are invited to submit joint project proposals to research and develop ready-to-market solutions for products, technology-based services, or methods. It should have significant market potential in Brazil and Switzerland.
Deadline for submission of Pre-Proposal – 28th June 2023
Deadline for submission of Full Proposal – 30th September 2023
All proposals must meet the following eligibility criteria to be qualified for evaluation:
– The project consortia must include at least one business entity from each country and one
research institute accredited by EMBRAPII as “EMBRAPII unit”.
– The participation of further research organizations and commercial companies from both
countries according to each country’s funding regulations are welcome.
– Research organizations and commercial companies must comply with the regulations of their
– The project partners shall name a designated main coordinator.
– The project duration is between 18 and 36 months.
– The project should demonstrate relevant innovation content, added value, and benefit from the
bilateral cooperation in both countries.
– Projects should have a balanced contribution of the total eligible project costs among the partners from the participating partner countries. No more than 70% of the overall project person-months can be claimed by any single partner or by all partners from a single participating country.
– Along with the proposal, the consortium is encouraged to present a draft agreement on the
Intellectual Property Rights (IPR).
– Both agencies will only consider project costs that arise in their country eligible for funding.
Cross-border funding is not foreseen.
Only proposals meeting all eligibility criteria will be considered for evaluation. There will be no
opportunity to correct errors in the proposals after the application deadline.
Please note that the inclusion of an ineligible partner in a proposal will result in the non-consideration of
the entire proposal. For the definition of eligible partners, see the national regulations and contact your
national contact person.
- Partner search platform for b2b match-making meetings available from 10 Feb 2023.
- Call information webinar: 15th of March 2023
- Deadline for submission of Pre-Proposals: 28th of June 2023
- Communication of Pre-Proposal evaluation results: end of July 2023
- Deadline for submission of the full application: 30th of September, 2023
- Communication of decision: December 2023
- Start of projects: January 2024
Webinars for interested parties
There will be two webinars for interested parties. The first one in March 2023 is open to everyone and the next one is exclusively for Brazilian companies. The webinar will provide information on funding conditions, the call process, partner search, and other aspects of the call. Interested parties will have the opportunity to ask questions to EMBRAPII, Innosuisse, ApexBrasil, and Enterprise Europe Network EEN representatives. The link and registration to the webinar will be provided on the call’s online platform → HERE