August 24, 2022 | Boston & New York
Swissnex in Boston, in collaboration with Venturelab and its partners, is hosting ten startups representing the cutting edge of Switzerland’s biotech innovation from September 12-16, 2022. The Venture Leaders Biotech 2022 will conduct a weeklong roadshow in the Greater Boston area filled with opportunities to exchange with key investors, business leaders, and experts from the biotech industry.
Swissnex is organizing the week’s marquee event, the Biotech Pitch Cruise 2022, an invitation-only sunset cruise around the Boston Harbor on Tuesday, September 13. On the yacht, called the Northern Lights, the “Swiss National Startup Team” in biotech will pitch alongside American counterparts from the Boston area. The event will gather together exceptional entrepreneurs, venture capital firms (VCs), and industry executives.
During the rest of the week, the Venture Leaders will have the chance to learn about the specifics of the US business environment and make connections that can facilitate market entry. Swissnex is organizing various parts of the program, including a welcome reception, a workshop on how to finance a biotech startup in the US, and a session where biotech investors will give tailored feedback to individual startups. The week will also feature sessions and visits on topics ranging from storytelling to regulatory issues.
“Following the success of Venture Leaders MedTech 2022 earlier this year, we can’t wait to welcome the ten Swiss startups that were selected for the program’s biotech edition,” says Swissnex CEO Benjamin Bollmann. “The biotechnology sector is extremely strong both in Switzerland and Boston. It makes a natural connection between the two locations.”
The Venture Leaders BioTech 2022 includes the following startups:
- Alentis Therapeutics focuses on breakthrough treatments for fibrotic and rare diseases, as well as associated cancers.
- Bionomous develops lab devices that automatically inspect and sort miniature biological entities, such as zebrafish embryos.
- Bionter provides biopharmaceutical companies with a device to count subvisible particles in a non-destructive way and offers a smart automation workflow.
- FimmCyte engineered a first-in-class treatment that has shown promising results towards eliminating endometriosis tissue.
- Healiva combines enzyme technology, medical devices, and cell therapy to deliver precision solutions for chronic wounds.
- InCephalo makes a difference in the lives of those being diagnosed with brain cancer by developing antibodies and other biological treatments.
- InterAx Biotech is connecting AI and cell signaling to de-risk drug development.
- lino Biotech is the world’s only provider of Focal Molography, an entirely new method for measuring molecular interactions in living cells or crude biological samples.
- Recolony develops a novel treatment for colorectal cancer consisting of selected commensal bacteria of the gut microbiota.
- Vanarix proposes a new generation of cell therapy products for repairing damaged articular cartilage, which is still an unmet medical need.
The Venture Leaders Biotech 2022 program is organized by Venturelab and Swissnex in Boston, and supported by Debiopharm, EPFL, ETH Zurich, EY, Hansjörg Wyss, Swiss Biotech, and Vischer.
The Biotech Pitch Cruise 2022 event is organized by Swissnex in Boston and Venturelab, with the support of Presence Switzerland.