Swissnex in Boston, in collaboration with Venutrelab and its partners, is hosting eleven startups representing the cutting edge of Switzerland’s medical innovation from June 20-24, 2022. The Venture Leaders Medtech 2022 will conduct a weeklong roadshow in the Greater Boston area filled with opportunities to exchange with key investors, business leaders, and experts from the medtech industry.
Swissnex is organizing the week’s marquee event, the MedTech Pitch Cruise 2022, an invitation-only sunset cruise around the Boston Harbor on Wednesday, June 22. On the yacht, called the Northern Lights, the “Swiss National Startup Team” in medtech will pitch alongside American counterparts from the Boston area. The event will gather together exceptional entrepreneurs, investors, and industry executives.
During the rest of the week, the Venture Leaders will have the chance to learn about the specifics of the US business environment and make connections that can facilitate market entry. Swissnex is organizing various parts of the program, including a welcome reception, a workshop on financing medtech, and a feedback session where various experts will give tailored feedback to individual startups. The week will also feature sessions and visits on topics ranging from storytelling to regulatory issues.
“We are excited to be hosting the Venture Leaders in Boston, one of the world’s most innovative hubs for healthcare and the life sciences,” says Swissnex CEO Benjamin Bollman. “Boston-area players are always impressed by the quality of Swiss medtech innovation, and we can’t wait to wow them again.”
The Venture Leaders MedTech 2022 includes the following startups:
- aiEndoscopic combines AI with endoscopy to develop smart endoscopes with assistive or even autonomous maneuvering.
- Annaida offers micro-NMR solutions for R&D and In Vitro Fertilization.
- Arbrea Labs uses visual computing and AI to create digital human avatars from mobile devices, with a primary focus on cosmetic surgery pre-visualization.
- ArcoScreen develops a new cell membrane receptor screening platform that can enable accurate, cheaper, and faster drug discovery.
- b-rayZ develops artificial intelligence software for quality management and standardization of procedures in radiology.
- Bearmind is developing wearable technologies that can provide real-time concussion risk assessment to prevent sports injuries.
- EarlySight uses high-performance eye-imaging to reduce vision loss with efficient detection and monitoring of eye diseases.
- MOMM Diagnostics develops high-sensitivity rapid diagnostic tests for preeclampsia.
- Oncobit creates precision diagnostic and monitoring assays for personalized cancer care.
- REA Diagnostics develops wearable pads for pregnancy that track biochemical markers of preterm birth (PTB).
- TWIICE creates modular and customizable exoskeletons for walking assistance in people with paraplegia.
The Venture Leaders Medtech 2022 program is organized by Venturelab and supported by EPFL, ETH Zurich, Hansjörg Wyss, Helbling Technik, Kellerhals Carrard, Paul Scherrer Institut, Swissnex in Boston, Canton of Vaud, Canton of Zurich, and Venture Leader alumnus Dominik Lysek.
The MedTech Pitch Cruise 2022 event is organized by Swissnex in Boston and Venturelab, with the support of Presence Switzerland.