20 Years Past and Forward: Metropolis — Sustainable Futures Under Construction
May 24, 2023.
Are you working on radically new solutions for a more sustainable urban future? Swissnex in San Francisco invites startups, design studios, research projects, and corporate initiatives in the fields of Food, Energy, and Physical and Digital Cities to submit their projects to take part in our 20th anniversary programming, from November 7–9, 2023 in San Francisco. Showcase your project in the world’s leading hub for technology, research, and innovation, and connect with like-minded individuals in a collaborative and inspiring environment.
About the Program
As part of Swissnex in San Francisco’s 20th anniversary celebration, this immersive 3-day program will bring together forward-thinking individuals from Switzerland and the West Coast to explore the future of our urban lives. Through a curated program including experts talks, interactive workshops, project showcases and site visits, the program will create a platform for knowledge-sharing, and cross-border and trans-disciplinary collaborations, to foster new partnerships and unleash the full potential of the participants’ projects.
Participants will have the possibility to co-create parts of the program. Time for individual meetings will be mostly available prior and after the 3-day program.
Benefits for Selected Participants
- Accelerate/Support: Receive tailored support and program to further develop your project’s growth and impact. Access our network of mentors and industry experts in the Bay Area and beyond.
- Visibility: Amplify your impact and gain international exposure. Maximize the visibility of your project by showcasing it to a wide range of stakeholders and benefit from media coverage in both ecosystems.
- Network: Connect with like-minded individuals, potential partners, and industry leaders to foster meaningful collaborations in Switzerland and in the Silicon Valley.
- Financial Support: Selected projects will receive a CHF 3’000 stipend to cover the participants’ flights and housing costs.
Full Program Outline
- October (Switzerland: Zurich, Basel, Lausanne): participate in one of our events in Switzerland, as workshop participants, and take the opportunity to showcase your work within the Swiss ecosystem.
- October (virtual): Swissnex will work with the individuals one month prior to the program in San Francisco to set milestones and connect them with relevant stakeholders (access to the Swissnex Mentors & Experts Network).
- November 7-9 in San Francisco: 20th Anniversary Program in San Francisco
Who Should Apply
Swiss startups, design studios, research projects, and corporate initiatives that are working on radically new solutions for a more sustainable urban future, related to the following topics:
- Energy: Solutions for energy optimization, renewable energy integration, and future energy systems in cities.
- Food: Initiatives promoting sustainable, circular and regenerative food systems, and food innovation.
- Physical and Digital Cities: Projects that explore innovative practices for a more sustainable built environment and advancing urban planning, from digital solutions to circular construction methods.
We welcome diverse project submissions, encompassing both technical and research-oriented endeavors, as well as those exploring ethical, social or governance aspects associated with these topics.
Your project does not fit within these categories? We still encourage you to apply if aligned with the program’s main topic and would benefit from the program.
- Have a clear connection to Switzerland
- Be aligned with the program topics, and work on radically new solutions for a more sustainable urban future
- Have a strong interest in connecting with the San Francisco Bay Area ecosystem.
Projects will be selected based on the participation criteria: alignment with the program’s topics, their innovative approach, potential impact, and interest in connecting with the San Francisco Bay Area ecosystem.
How to Apply
For more information, please contact Alicia Rieckhoff.