Software behavior algorithm design for robotic artwork
The project involves writing behavior programs and algorithms for sensor triggered robotic artworks. The main task is to set up a well designed, clean, cleverly parameterized algorithm.
- Get an insight into the language of like-like motion and behavior that is currently not present in mainstream robotics.
- Design a modular behavior interface that can be applied to multiple motion and response systems, instead of a custom approach.
- Design for the real world, how to build robust software for the public domain that closely interfaces with mechanical and embedded systems.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree student from the relevant field.
- Computer science and programming with Linux and experience in Python
- Proficient with object oriented programming
- Proficient with Git as a code versioning tool
- Knowledge of embedded systems/ motion control/ sensors.
Pors & RaoKnow more
Pors & Rao, based in Bangalore, India, was founded by an Indo-Danish art duo, Aparna Rao (1978, Bangalore) and Søren Pors (1974, Esbjerg). They work with objects and installations often incorporating physical movement and responsive behaviours. In early 2014, they took their project PATHOS (Poetic Animatronics through Hands On Open Systems) forward at the Wyss Zurich, with a focus on developing tools and modules for nuanced, emotive animatronic expression which is easy to use for non-engineers.