Join us to experience the power of academic engagement. Develop flagship programs as part of a dynamic team. Define and shape the future of academic collaborations through digital transformation. Engage with pressing challenges in health and sustainability by connecting the dots between Indian and Swiss higher education institutions. Get surprised by India’s rich and creative academic environment through first hand experience.Academia
Academic Engagement Associate
At Swissnex in India we curate international communities in education, research, and innovation for a better tomorrow. Our mission is to support the outreach and active engagement of our partners in the international exchange of knowledge, ideas and talent. The six main Swissnex locations are established in some of the world’s most innovative regions. Together with around twenty Science and Technology Offices (STO) and Counselors (STC) based in Swiss Embassies, we contribute to strengthen Switzerland’s profile as a world-leading innovation hotspot.
Do you feel at home in an academic environment but would like to go beyond your area of expertise?
Do you feel passionate about the power of knowledge and would like to see it translate into action on the ground?
Starting from September 1, 2022
to June 30, 2023.
Swissnex in India, Bangalore.
Project coordination (40%)
- Support the academic engagement team in organizing the Knowledge to Action SDG academy in the Spring of 2023 and contribute to other elements of the K2A network.
- Support the development and implementation of our flagship program ‘Rethinking International Digital Exchange’ with partners from Switzerland, India, and beyond.
- Support leadership of specific duties related to mandates and support of overall operations of the team.
- Contribute to the academic engagement team’s various activities, such as alumni meetings, recruitment and selection for competitive scholarships.
Communication and content (40%)
- Engage with stakeholders as part of our flagship programs.
- Contribute to documenting our activities for our stakeholders in a visually aesthetic and meaningful manner.
- Collaborate with the communications team to produce relevant content and insights.
- Prepare content for Swissnex in India’s academic engagement activities such as blogs, pitch decks, and other formats.
Knowledge generation (20%)
- Research information relevant for our stakeholders, compile this in a meaningful and exciting format such as blogs, slide decks and other formats.
What we offer
- Gain work experience in an international, multi-cultural and highly dynamic environment with English as official working language.
- Exposure to the academic in Switzerland and India.
- Opportunity to work with stakeholders and industry experts in sustainability, health and digital transformation.
- Opportunity to continue as a brand ambassador for Swissnex in India when back in Switzerland, by engaging with Swiss universities, innovation offices and corporates.
- Work with and learn from a dynamic, diverse and welcoming team.
- Development of networking and project management skills.
- Opportunities to lead projects in close collaboration with the team head.
- Monthly stipend of CHF 1’000.
- Applicants must be Swiss citizens or have a valid Permit C.
- The total period of internships (including this one) in the federal government does not exceed 12 months.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (graduated within the last 12 months) or be a current university student studying for a master degree preferably in natural or social sciences, engineering or fine arts.
- Team player with a high sense of responsibility, curiosity, and interest in various topics.
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of at least one Swiss national language is a major plus.
- Networker with the ability to thrive in an international, multicultural environment.
- Ability to work outside regular office hours when needed (for events and visiting groups).
- Strong enthusiasm for Swissnex’s mission to foster Indo-Swiss relations.
- Digitally literate : Zoom/Microsoft Teams / Google Meet, digital engagement tools like mentimeter, ability to propose and use interactive and engaging forms of digital exchange.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, word, powerpoint)/google suite (google sheets/docs/forms).
Apply by May 31, 2022
Please submit your application with CV and letter of motivation to [email protected] mentioning “Job application - Academic Engagement Associate” in the subject. Kindly note that applications will be processed on a rolling basis, and the one’s without a motivation letter will not be considered.