End-effector integrated vision for Industrial Robots
To design and/ or integrate a standalone vision system capable of estimating the 3D pose of a part to be picked up by the end effector of the robotic arm. This will include a vision sensor with an appropriate lens and electronics with processing capability of capturing and estimating the 3D pose of the part. The module/ system must be able to communicate this data over a standard high speed serial communications interface.
- Understand range and precision required of a vision sensor and extent of necessary processing power.
- Select the required components for integration into a module that will fit within the end-effector geometry.
- Integrate the module, hardware and software with the robot controller software.
- Develop a calibration method for the sensor to obtain accurate images to be used to detect the part and estimate it’s pose.
Preferred Bachelors/ Masters in Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering
- Experience with vision sensors
- Image Processing
- Robot Operating System (Optional)
- C++/ Python
- Linux based dev environment
- Communication protocols